[lokisetup] total progress meter...

Stephane Peter megastep at megastep.org
Thu Sep 19 20:11:43 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 16:55, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:
> > ...what exactly causes this meter to increase? My uz2 crap plugin doesn't
> > seem to move it. Just the uncompressed files that don't go through that
> > plugin. Is it the Size() function or the Copy() function that makes that
> > thing move?
> <option size="2759M">
> Could I be overflowing a signed 32-bit int?

Err, it is somehow possible (I'd have to check into that). However most
sizes in setup are stored in a size_t, which is an unsigned int AFAIK.
And yes that means that we are currently limited to installs of up to
4GB. :(

There may be some transitional states through int and/or ssize_t
(signed) which could cause problems, so we should try to find if this is
the case.

Stephane Peter
Sr. Software Engineer
Codehost, Inc.