[lokisetup] More fun...

Stéphane Peter megastep at megastep.org
Wed Sep 18 04:37:41 EDT 2002

Le mer 18/09/2002 à 00:36, Ryan C. Gordon a écrit :

> > The only restriction of this mechanism is that there is no easy way to
> > shorten the original filename, short of specifying explicit file names
> > for each and every file. Would that be the case for UT2K3 ?
>
> Yes: myfile.ext.uz2 becomes myfile.ext

Then in the meantime you will have to resort to generating the list of
XML tags for each file. That is, until we find a way to express this
case.

I just commited my patches to implement this in CVS. The description of
the tags is almost identical, except that :
- it is 'process' and not 'uncompress' (more generic in my mind)
- 'process' can substitute %s twice if needed (and not once)

You should be able to use this construct with a group of files, even in
subdirectories. It won't work from within plugins. I had to clean up a
few things in the copy code to implement this, so things should be
better overall ;)

This is completely untested at the moment. I eagerly await feedback. The
changes are simple and localized enough that it should be easy to
maintain anyway (everything is done in copy.c/copy_file()).

--
Stephane Peter
Sr. Software Engineer