[lokisetup] More fun...

Stéphane Peter megastep at megastep.org
Wed Sep 18 02:02:30 EDT 2002

Le mar 17/09/2002 à 21:57, Ryan C. Gordon a écrit :

> > Short of writing a plugin, how can I uncompress these so that setup is
> > aware of the final uncompressed file and gets the right checksum,
> > disregarding the original .uz file?
>
> (That is, how can I run an external binary to uncompress these?)

I am thinking of adding the following 2 new attributes for <files> :

 uncompress
You can optionally manually uncompress (or otherwise post-process) a
file through an arbitrary shell command specified in this tag. %s in the
string will be substituted with the actual file name. The current
directory for the command will be that of the directory containing the
file to be processed.

 target
Use this optional tag with 'uncompress' above, to specify the resulting
file name of the uncompressed/processed file. If this tag is in effect,
then the original file will be removed, if it is still present. %s can
optionally be used to substitute the original file name (or any other
valid %s pattern according to printf).

The only restriction of this mechanism is that there is no easy way to
shorten the original filename, short of specifying explicit file names
for each and every file. Would that be the case for UT2K3 ?

--
Stephane Peter
Sr. Software Engineer