icculus.org CVS tree synced with mine

Stephane Peter megastep at megastep.org
Tue Sep 17 18:47:51 EDT 2002

I finally got around to do it! All of the changes from the Codehost tree
are now in the setupdb and setup modules on icculus.org CVS.

There are more bugfixes that I can shake a stick at, but here are
excerpts from the change logs (since the last sync, which was a few
months ago) :

Loki Setup 1.6.1:
Stephane Peter (Codehost) - Sun Mar 31 22:46:57 PST 2002
 * Rewrote xsu 0.2.3 to eliminate all dependencies on Gnome, and also
added
   proper i18n support to it.
 * Imported the updated setup.sh from TTimo's branch, with very slight
changes.
   The setup.data/config.sh script is now officially recognized as well.
Stephane Peter (Codehost) - Thu Apr 11 18:36:47 PDT 2002
 * Added Solaris CDE icons support.
Stephane Peter (Codehost) - Fri May  3 19:57:03 PDT 2002
 * Added the 'mutable' attribute for files, to mark them as being able
to change
   without confusing the setup tools.
Stephane Peter (Codehost) - Wed Jun 12 17:25:35 PDT 2002
 * Added the 'warn' subelement to support warning messages on selecting
certain
   options in the UI.
Stephane Peter (Codehost) - Mon Jun 24 17:31:11 PDT 2002
 * Separate the distribution binaries in operating system directories,
just like
   the Setup binaries in setup.data.
Stephane Peter (Codehost) - Fri Jun 28 18:45:56 PDT 2002
 * Initial IRIX 6.5 port
Stephane Peter (Codehost) - Tue Jul 23 18:56:31 PDT 2002
 * Added the 'show' attribute to the 'option' tag to allow options to be
hidden
   based upon the return value of a command.
 * Added the generic 'linux' distro name to generically match any Linux
kernel.
Ryan C. Gordon (icculus.org) - Fri Aug 23 19:46:21 CEST 2002
 * Added PkZip/Info-ZIP/WinZip compatible archive plugin.
Stephane Peter (Codehost) - Fri Sep 13 16:36:15 PDT 2002
 * Added "md5sum" attribute for files/binary elements, to implement
installation-time
   checksum verifications with MD5 sums (idea suggested by zakk).
Timothee Besset / merged by Stephane Peter - Fri Sep 13 19:57:22 PDT
2002
 * Support EULA tags for options as well.

>From setupdb, also bumped up to 1.6.1 :

Stephane Peter (Codehost) - Tue Apr 16 17:38:27 PDT 2002
 * Initial HP-UX 11.0 port
Stephane Peter (Codehost) - Fri May  3 19:04:43 PDT 2002
 * Added 'mutable' flag for files, to allow changes to them.
Stephane Peter (Codehost) - Fri Jun 28 18:45:56 PDT 2002
 * Initial IRIX 6.5 port
Stephane Peter (Codehost) - Tue Jul 23 19:49:38 PDT 2002
 * Preliminary SCO/OpenUnix port
 * Changed versioning scheme to be in sync with Setup version
   numbers.

There is an important difference in this version from previous versions,
though. Because of the addition of all these other UNIX ports, the
directory structure for binaries has changed too. Now the root 'bin'
directory follows the same structure as 'setup.data/bin', i.e. the OS
must now be specified. So you will need to create a Linux directory and
move your binary trees under that.

Apart from that, the changes should be compatible with existing
installers. There are new features, and I merged in a few patches
(mostly TTimo's multiple EULA stuff). I also implemented the MD5
checksum idea that zakk suggested, but I haven't tested it yet, so feel
free to make sure it works ;).

There are also a few minor fixes to Makeself 2.0. Feel free to use this one too :)

I anticipate that the near future will be some major hacking of the
CDROM subsystem code so that it works fine for the UT2k3 installer, and
I figured it would be better to do that on fresh code.

--
Stephane Peter
Sr. Software Engineer