[lokisetup] cd detection...

Stéphane Peter megastep at megastep.org
Wed Oct 2 03:48:08 EDT 2002

Le mar 01/10/2002 à 21:19, zakk a écrit :
> On Tue, 2002-10-01 at 21:52, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:
> >
> > ...is there an option to bypass the cd detection and say, "look, just take
> > my word for it, the mount point is '/mnt/blah'"?
> >
> > I had a person that had misery because of supermount (argh.), and another
> > guy whose installer can't find the disc at all (he's using devfs, which is
> > possibly the culprit).
> >
> > A command line? Environment var?
> >
> > --ryan.
> There's an enviroment variable:
> SETUP_CDROM to point you to the place, dunno if it'll bypass anything...

Yes, it will bypass the CDROM detection (that's the point!).
Even better, in the case of multiple-CD installations, there are several
environment variables named after the CD name as you choose it in the
setup.xml file : SETUP_CDROM_<id>. For example, if you have
<cdrom id="blah"> then you can tell setup where it is located by setting
SETUP_CDROM_BLAH ...

--
Stephane Peter
Sr. Software Engineer