[lokisetup] more on bz2

Stéphane Peter megastep at megastep.org
Sat Feb 23 17:21:58 EST 2002

le sam 23-02-2002 à 06:36, zakk a écrit :
> On Sat, 2002-02-23 at 08:56, Timothee Besset wrote:
> > I have a more general problem with bz2 anyway, what is it used for?
> So we can have better compressiion on files included with the
> distribution. BZ2 can also be staticly linked. I believe the candy
> cruncher installer has it like this.

Yes, but the reason I initially added bzip2 support was to be able to
support RPM 4.x archive, which now uses bzip2 compression. So if you are
compiling with RPM 4 support you will need to link with it (Ryan make
sure your patches include that).

A side effect was the inclusion of a more general way of handling those
files, since manual extraction of RPMs just involves gunzip/bunzip2'ing
of CPIO files. So we have full bzip2 support in the process :P

Either way yes the bzip2 library should be statically linked.

--
Stephane Peter
Software Engineer