Brandelf on setup.gtk and bzip2 configure fixes...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Sat Feb 23 16:46:02 EST 2002

...are in CVS. Please rebuild from scratch (make distclean, sh
./autogen.sh, ./configure, make).

bzip2 checking is now DISABLED by default. Please enable it with
--enable-bzip2 if you need it. This behaviour will probably change, but
for now, let's be safe about it. The bzip2 stuff is better integrated with
autoconf now, so it isn't passed as -DHAVE_BZIP2_SUPPORT to gcc, now
favors the BZ2_ prefix'd symbols if two revisions of libbz2 exist, and
handles the possibility that bzip2 isn't available/wanted better.

I also fixed the autogen.sh warnings about RPM support and Dynamic plugins.

I'm really getting the hang of this autoconf shit.  :)

While I'm at it, I also committed the BeOS patch I sent earlier. Stephane
can club me to death if this is a problem.

Please let me know if you have any build problems.

Coincidentally, on my Slackware 7.1 box, I get a odd error too when
statically linking bzip2 (zakk has seen this on Slack, too):

/usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: indirect symbol
`__libc_internal_tsd_set' to `__libc_internal_tsd_set@@GLIBC_2.0' is a loop
/lib/ld-linux.so.2: could not read symbols: Invalid operation

This doesn't have any trouble on the VBB, nor does it seem to complain if
you remove the -static flag from the command line on Slack. I've seen this
elsewhere, and I still have no good explanation, except for a bug in
binutils (or maybe some odd symbol clash in glibc?).

--ryan.