[lokisetup] brandelf?

Stephane Peter megastep at megastep.org
Thu Feb 14 16:05:00 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-02-14 at 12:45, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

> Dumb questions:
>
> Why is brandelf part of loki_setupdb instead of loki_setup?

What do I know, it wasn't my idea in the first place... Ask Sam ;-)

> Why doesn't loki_setupdb build it by default?

I guess we just wanted to have a copy of it around should we need it.
IMHO, it shouldnd't be part of either setup or setupdb.

> Should I use brandelf.c from here, or is there a superior place that I
> should go to get it?

It is fairly simple, so I guess you could just use it this one. It
basically changes one byte in the ELF headers.

This whole brandelf situation needs to be cleaned up anyway. There are
still absolute references to /loki in the Makefiles for it; I just
didn't bother to fix it as I didn't need to support anything but Linux
so far.

> Why is loki_setupdb a separate package from loki_setup, anyhow?

Because it separates functionality that is used by other packages, like
the patch tools and the auto-updater. It's an API to access the database
of installed packages.

--
Stephane Peter
Software Engineer