[lokisetup] gcc 3.2

Timothee Besset ttimo at idsoftware.com
Mon Dec 9 19:12:16 EST 2002

Yes, C++ ABI between GCC 2.x and 3.x changes. It's likely that 3.x-based
systems will need specific binaries as soon as there's some linking to
shared library involving C++.

For instance, Debian Sid is still 2.x based, if you try to compile some
software using libsig++ with 3.x on there, it won't link against system
provided libsig++ because of ABI issues.

I would suppose that if you statically link all those crappy C++ libraries
you should be able to distribute 3.x-built binaries to 2.x distros..

TTimo