[lokisetup] More thinking black magic stuff...

Stephane Peter megastep at megastep.org
Fri Dec 6 15:16:02 EST 2002

On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 09:59, Chunky Kibbles wrote:
> Instead of going through lots of hassle with su stuff, is there some
> way to test if someone's got sudo setup and utilise that?

The best I can think of is trying to locate the sudo command... Which in
itself is far from being standard.

> Unfortunately, I'm sensing that being able to find out is, in and of
> itself, a security problem...

Yeah, I am pretty sure the sudo configuration file is readable by root only,
which would make it hard to determine if a given user can gain root access
through it. Not to mention that it would need to be tuned to allow setup to
be run ;)