[Fwd: LGFAQ]

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Sun Mar 20 09:40:28 EST 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: LGFAQ
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 02:43:55 +0100
From: Bernhard Frühmesser <borsti at ooenet.at>
To: webmaster at icculus.org

Hello Ryan,

Sorry to bother you with that question, but i am running Slackware 10.1
and when i try to update several games from loki i get :

....updatetrap: usage: trap (-lp) (arg signal_spec ...)

I found several answers in the LGFAQ which might have to do with this,
but i am not really sure:

I'm using {random loki_setup based installer}, and it's telling me the
"installation doesn't support glibc-2.1" or something

   A: Just type the following before running setup.sh [or the installer]:
export SETUP_LIBC=glibc-2.1.

I'm running some distro that has a very new glibc (debian, slackware
beta, red hat 9, et cetera), and it is having problems with loki_setup,
what should I do?

   A: You can run the setup with --keep to preserve the files.  Then you
can compile your own copy of loki_setup
(http://www.icculus.org/loki_setup/) and replace setup and/or
setup.gtk, then run setup.sh.

Is there a way to install these updates?

Thanks,

FB