Problem solved

ss fdfdsfs poutsokavliaris at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 28 21:18:30 EDT 2004

I do not understand why BUT i had to remove scsi
emulation for my CD drives. Then i had to mount them
like this :        mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc
/mnt/cdrom

and all  CDs worked fine .

--- Dan Green <sp_eed at hotmail.com> wrote:

---------------------------------

I dont know if its the same problem that your having
but i had a simmilar problem when installing unreal
tournament (origanal) and it was also a problem with
the .utx files not being decompressed for linux use.
If the error is happening during the installation of
the game then it could be dirt or a scratch on the
disc or something but you might want to consider that
it is the same problem as i have had in the past. So
what you might need to do is copy the contense of the
game CD's onto one of your hard drives and then
decompress the .utx files. It should have a
decompressor with the game installer but that might
not be the case. I would say of better advice have a
look on Google and look for "Installing Unreal
Tournament 2004 in linux".

All the best

NAD101

Origional message

>Hello
>

>I keep getting this erro when the installation
reaches
>CD  4
>
>UZ2: Failed to fully write
>[/home/dimgr/ut2004/Textures/X_SG_Lost_Outpost.utx]!
>./setup.sh: line 148: 6198 Aborted "$setup" "$@"
>
>and then the installer stops
>
>is this a bug?
>can i install it ...?
>
>also
>
>i do have scsi emulation enabled despite the fact
that
>i am with 2.6.6..
>
>i copied all 6 CD's to the drive and tried to run
from