[lgfaq] Unreal Tournament lost threads under kernel 2.6.2

Andrew Pilley ashridah at icculus.org
Mon Feb 16 06:49:53 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 22:38, Aivils.Stoss at unibanka.lv wrote:
> Is that issue?
> Is that Mandrake specific issue?
> Is ut forking configurable?
> Hide 2.6.2 additional threads?

I believe (i'd have to double-check) that 2.6 actually handles threads
differently, and that they don't appear as separate processes, unlike
2.4 kernels.

it may be related to the TLS stuff that was added (and was backported to
some 2.4 versions that redhat ship iirc). Don't quote me on that bit
tho, I just don't remember right now.

Andrew

--
I hereby pose this question for analysis.
Are Microsoft users smarter than hamsters?