[lgfaq] UT2004

Zachary J. Slater zakk at timedoctor.org
Sat Apr 3 02:40:35 EST 2004

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 01:16:43AM -0900, John Smith wrote:
> Wow!  That was a fast response.
I am like the Batman of Linux Gaming Help.

> I copied the linux-install.sh to my home directory to get it to work as
> far as I have been able to.  I put the install disk into what would be
> /mnt/cdrom (/dev/scd1 - It's an IDE burner) w/o mounting it.

First thing to try, however odd this may sound, is to disable ide-scsi emulation.
It may work fine without it for this, if it does, I think then this is a
kernel problem. Some people have reported switching both to, and from,
ide-scsi with varying levels of success.

Personally, I pre-ordered to ensure recieving the dvd edition, mainly since
I wanted the headset and I knew setup always has problems with multiple cd
installs.
If nobody can help you on this list, you might try the ut2004 list.
--
-Zachary J. Slater
zakk at timedoctor.org