[lgfaq] UT2004

John Smith fjsmithjr at acsalaska.net
Thu Apr 1 05:16:43 EST 2004

Zachary J. Slater wrote:

>If by install problems, you mean the disk labeling issues, then, no.
>If by install problems, you mean, people not enabling Joliet in their
>kernels, then, yes.

Wow!  That was a fast response.
I just got the install to work up to the point where I assume that it
wants the next disk.  I cannot unmount it.  It just remains stuck
there.  Any clues to unmounting it?  I haven't had this problem before.
Supermount is not enabled of course.  The install program is what did
the mounting.  If I mount it myself it spins up but freezes at this point:

/Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Unreal Tournament 2004 for GNU/Linux
3186....................................................................../

I copied the linux-install.sh to my home directory to get it to work as
far as I have been able to.  I put the install disk into what would be
/mnt/cdrom (/dev/scd1 - It's an IDE burner) w/o mounting it.  When
running the install all of my drives try to mount.  It gives up looking
for drives if I don't have a disk in one of them.  Example being, I have
scd1 and scd0 that attempt to mount in that order.  If scd1 has no disk
scd0 isn't even sought.

I haven't been too successful with trying the install instructions for
ut2003, should that work for ut2004.  But maybe I just don't understand
it completely.  Of course the Demo for 2004 worked fine.  Well, it
really looks as if I just have an unmount problem.  Should I have gotten
the DVD edition?  Too late now anyway.

Thanks for your time,

John Smith