Looking for loki support. (fwd)

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Mon Jan 20 00:07:53 EST 2003

Anyone have any ideas?

--ryan.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 15:57:13 -0800
From: Andrew Shrum <ashrum at citlink.net>
To: Ryan C. Gordon <icculus at clutteredmind.org>
Subject: Re: Looking for loki support.

Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

>>Thank you, but alas my problem percists. Someone had the same error, but
>>neglected to post anything except "fixed with help from loki support" on
>>the forum. Is fenris.lokigames.com still up under another name (bug/fix
>>db)? Just wondering where loki would have kept its support records. I
>>think I might be hozed on this one. :-(
>>

>What was the actual problem?
>
>--ryan.

I've outputted the initilization sequence to the attatched *sof.log*
file. * *_Thanks a ton for your intrest Ryan_, besides the log, here's
some information on my setup:
_
Hardware:_   Dual Athlon MP 1.2GHz, 1GB PC2100, Ultra160 HD: 18GB IBM,
9.6GB Quantom, GeForce3 64MB, SB Live!
_
Software:_   Debian (sid-- up to date), a 2.4.20 kernel compiled with
patches from Con Kolivas
<http://members.optusnet.com.au/ckolivas/kernel/> (2.4.20-ck2) and
nVidia's latest  1.0-4191 drivers (I attatched *agp.log* which was
generated using ' cat /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/status ')

BTW:  This was a clean install & updated to 1.06a. The only difference
was a change in: ERROR: Could not open string package "xxxxx",  where
xxxx changed from the update. Oh, and Quake3 and RTCW run like the wind.
;)  Can't say thanks enough (not just for your help, but your work).

                Respectfully,
                            Andrew Shrum    (ashrum at citlink.net)
a.k.a.  MeanAsFuck in RTCW