[lgfaq] Updates:

Al Koskelin alkini at linuxgames.com
Tue Apr 29 09:55:58 EDT 2003

I'm not sure how to update the doc directly (CVS?) so I'm just posting
this here with the hopes that somebody (zakk) can either make the change
for me or let me know how to do it.

To disable artsd:
- start the control center
- under the "Index" tab, go to Sound --> Sound Server
- if you want to disable artsd from starting in the first place, uncheck
the first option: "Start aRts soundserver on KDE startup". When you
click "Apply" to make the changes take place, you're prompted with:
"Shut down sound-server now? ..." so just click the "Yes" button and
artsd is gone.
- if you want to make the changes that Aivils Stoss was talking about,
you can make them here too with the "Autosuspend if idle for" option,
etc.

This was all based on the KDE that ships with Red Hat 8.0 (KDE 3.0). I
hope it helps.

Al