Updates:

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Mon Apr 28 00:39:42 EDT 2003

Is anyone maintaining this thing now? Some notes for the audio section:

1) We (4Front, jvalenzu and I) just fixed a problem in OpenAL, so the
latest CVS should work correctly with commercial OSS drivers...this fixes
UT1 and UT2003 (and ArmyOps, and Devastation, and...). I mention this
because of the question:

  "In UT, I get some generally scary effects with latency & other things,
even though I'm not running arts or esd."

"Build the latest CVS of OpenAL" is the new correct answer. "Upgrade to
the latest UTPG" will be the correct option in the next few weeks...unless
you want to use the GenericAudioSubsystem, which (arguably) will be lower
sound quality if you've got a decent OpenAL setup.

2) Can someone with KDE installed give better instructions than "killall
-9 artsd" for disabling the sound server? There's user interface in place
to turn it off and keep it from coming back, and restart it if you are so
inclined.

Thanks,
--ryan.