[lgfaq] Hmmmmm

Colin Bayer vogon at icculus.org
Tue Mar 5 01:27:21 EST 2002

On 5 Mar 2002, zakk wrote:

> Anybody know what happened to the SIGIOT/fread stuff regarding UT?

Keep your ass on.  I've got it right here (thank Bob I don't check out the
CVS that often):

--->8 (cut here) 8<---
Q: <B>After installing Unreal Tournament, I try to run the game and it
always exits with a SIGIOT</B><BR>
A: If the <I>SIGIOT</I> occurs shortly after a line indicating an <I>fread
error</I>, the UT data files did not install correctly. If you have one
available, please try installing from a different CD-ROM drive. Not all drives can
correctly handle the copy protection on the CD. You should also check the md5sums of
your CD against one of the lists at <A HREF="/lgfaq/md5sums/">http://www.icculus.org/
lgfaq/md5sums/</A>. If the md5sums do not match, your drive is not reading
the CD correctly. (<I>ut-cd1.txt</I> is for the original UT retail release,
<I>ut-goty-cd1.txt</I> and <I>ut-goty-cd2.txt</I> are for the CDs of the Game of
the Year edition.)<BR>
A: If the SIGIOT occurs after an audio initilization, or if you upgraded
UT from a previous installation, you will need to rename your
<I>~/.loki/ut/System/UnrealTournament.ini</I> (if you want to carry over any customizations) and
allow UT to re-create its own default <I>UnrealTournament.ini</I>.<BR>
A: If you are installing using a Game of the Year CD, make sure you are
using the correct installer. The retail release (blue CD/jewel case) uses
<I>ut-install-436.run</I>.<BR><BR>
--->8 (cut here) 8<---

> I was thinking it got lost around the time of the change to php, then I
> noticed it doesn't seem to be in old/index.html either....
> Am I on crack?

*shakes the magic 8-ball*

All signs point to "yes".

-- Colin <vogon at icculus.org>