[lgfaq] quake 3 (fwd)

Chunky Kibbles chunky at icculus.org
Thu Aug 22 15:06:55 EDT 2002

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 07:36:06PM -0400, ^(o,o)^ Turk2000 wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Chunky Kibbles said me 8-)
>
> CK said->> Hah...usually we're fending off the ones that bought the windows version
> CK said->> and want to use it on Linux.  :)
>
> I don't understand because you behaved at that manner but if Id has to go
> out with Doom III for Windows and a separate loader for Linux, well I
> run to buy all the same way, and you?

Those were actually someone else's words, but the point is that for
Q3, there was a linux boxes variant, that nobody bought - hence making
all the sales look like they were explicitly forwindows, even though
lots of people bought it for exclusive linux use

[I bought the windows one, also, because it was out first, but later
bought the linux one]

Gary (-;