[jugglemaster] Juggling Videos

Chunky Kibbles chunky at icculus.org
Wed Aug 25 12:17:17 EDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 10:41:02PM -0700, Perry Rivera wrote:
> Gary,
>
> Well I do know that monitors tend to be RGB, and printouts CYMK or various
> additions to the CYMK theme.  The K is needed because the CYM makes a really
> dark color but not a true shade of black.
>
> My 2 pesetas,
> -Perry ...

Ha. RGB and CMYK I know pretty much like the back of my hand.

An easy way to look at it is that with CMYK, you start with white and
end up with black [think "printing on normal paper"]
With RGB, you start at black and go towards white [think "tv screen"].

The problem is that these are still pretty much the same colorspace,
just molested differently. What I need is another one called YCrCb,
which is what most video [including mpeg] and TV broadcasts use
[if you just grab the Y component, you have what a black and white TV
uses, IIRC]

I have an RGB image, and I need it in YCrCb. I found some simple
equations that do it, but As you can see, I don't think I'm getting it
right.

Gary (-;