[hge] Tutorial for setting up a Unix-HGE project in Xcode?

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Sun Aug 7 15:43:31 EDT 2011

> Are there any tutorials or directions for setting up a Unix-HGE project in Xcode?

I intend HGE to be compiled with your project, so there isn't a
framework or anything that you add in Xcode.

You would create an Xcode project as normal and add your game code. HGE
itself will just be compiled with the rest of the game. These are the
specific files that Hammerfight used:

(These are all C++ files, except macosx_support.mm, which is
Objective-C++. Xcode should know what to do with these.)

     hge-unix/src/core/macosx_support.mm
     hge-unix/src/helpers/hgerect.cpp
     hge-unix/src/helpers/hgesprite.cpp
     hge-unix/src/helpers/hgecolor.cpp
     hge-unix/src/helpers/hgevector.cpp
     hge-unix/src/helpers/hgeparticle.cpp
     hge-unix/src/helpers/hgepmanager.cpp
     hge-unix/src/helpers/hgedistort.cpp
     hge-unix/src/helpers/hgeresource.cpp
     hge-unix/src/helpers/hgeanim.cpp
     hge-unix/src/helpers/hgefont.cpp
     hge-unix/src/helpers/resources.cpp
     hge-unix/src/helpers/parser.cpp
     hge-unix/src/helpers/hgestrings.cpp
     hge-unix/src/core/ZLIB/unzip.c
     hge-unix/src/core/ZLIB/ioapi.c
     hge-unix/src/core/ZLIB/adler32.c
     hge-unix/src/core/ZLIB/crc32.c
     hge-unix/src/core/ZLIB/inffast.c
     hge-unix/src/core/ZLIB/inflate.c
     hge-unix/src/core/ZLIB/inftrees.c
     hge-unix/src/core/ZLIB/trees.c
     hge-unix/src/core/ZLIB/uncompr.c
     hge-unix/src/core/ZLIB/zutil.c
     hge-unix/src/core/system_unix.cpp
     hge-unix/src/core/graphics_unix.cpp
     hge-unix/src/core/power_unix.cpp
     hge-unix/src/core/sound_openal.cpp
     hge-unix/src/core/input_unix.cpp
     hge-unix/src/core/ini_unix.cpp
     hge-unix/src/core/resource_unix.cpp
     hge-unix/src/core/demo.cpp
     hge-unix/src/core/random.cpp
     hge-unix/src/core/timer.cpp

Make sure Xcode knows to look in "hge-unix/include" and
"hge-unix/src/core/ZLIB" for #include files.

--ryan.