[Gtkradiant] Compiled ZeroRadiant on Windows w00t!

Timothee BESSET ttimo at ttimo.net
Tue Nov 30 09:06:12 CST 2010

I pushed a number of fixes over the weekend and produced a new set of
binaries with the Q3 and UrT game paks. I wanted to update the
documentation a little but didn't get around to that yet.
The build is at

To get the binary dependencies and the game paks in order on windows,
you basically need to execute the setup target out of scons. This
requires a few utilities from cygwin, such as wget and unzip. It also
requires subversion (I use a non cygwin subversion CLI from collabnet,
the subversion package in cygwin had some issues).

The command looks something like:
/cygdrive/c/Python2.7/Scripts/scons.bat target=setup, executed from
the GtkRadiant directory.

Anyway. I have an EC2 virtual machine that is fully setup to produce
Windows binaries. I feel it's more productive having that and being
able to hand it over to new contributors than spending a lot of time
in back and forth over a mailing list or multiple source forks. There
are several things that can potentially come out of this:

- The experimental binary needs to get tested by actual mappers. Last
time I did such a build no one really used it or reported problems
with it. We should probably re-assess how we make those builds
available and gather feedback and bug report about them.

- I may look at adding support for QuakeLive out of the box. May need
to talk with the QL guys if it's a good idea to do that at all, but I
figure it'd be better than relying on Quake3 for testing and feedback.

- The EC2 vm can be used as a learning tool for programmers who want
to setup their own compilation environment. We can also hook it up as
a build slave, so folks who want to focus their dev work on Linux
don't have to worry about it too much.