[Gtkradiant] q3map2 "pthread_join failed", -threads > 1, Ubuntu 64 bit

Rudolf Polzer divVerent at alientrap.org
Mon Nov 15 00:26:35 CST 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 10:54:14AM -0800, Nerius Landys wrote:
> The issue that happens on 64 bit Ubuntus is described here: http://
> daffy.nerius.com/radiant/#appx-ubu-q3map2 .
> In short, q3map2 fails when -threads is greater than one.
>
> I worry a little bit when I see that no SVN commits to ZeroRadiant have
> happened in the past year.  I might volunteer to look
> into this pthread issue with q3map2, but if I manage to find a fix, will my
> patch be committed?
>
> Or does anyone already know what the problem and/or fix are?  I do mention a
> workaround in my tutorial.

I don't remember ever having seen or fixed that issue, but can you try anyway
with NetRadiant's q3map2 (which should run fine inside ZeroRadiant too)? If it
breaks there, it'd be highly appreciated if you can send the fix to me too (or
just post it on this list).

To get that version:

git clone git://git.xonotic.org/xonotic/netradiant.git
cd netradiant
make

install/q3map2.x86 is your map compiler then, which you can e.g. copy to the
appropriate place of ZeroRadiant.

Best regards,

Rudolf Polzer