[Gtkradiant] Radiant and very large annoying font

Nerius Landys nlandys at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 01:57:20 CST 2010

See screenshot attached.  I got this while I was testing stuff out on
different operating systems.

This is such a strange problem.  ON THIS VERY SAME COMPUTER (VIRTUAL
MACHINE, THAT IS), I had Radiant working with the normal tiny font (for the
coordinates and texture names).  I then started changing the language and
keyboard settings.  I changed it from Italian to US English, both language
and keyboard.  Rebooted.  Uninstalled all Radiant-related files.
Reinstalled.  Then all of a sudden I started getting this really large font.

Each time I installed (both when it was working normally and with the large
font), I started from a clean slate.  I had no ~/.radiant in my home dir, no
project files under ~/.q3a, and nuked/compiled ZeroRadiant from scratch.
Unzipped my gamedir from scratch each time.  Essentially, before each time I
followed this: http://daffy.nerius.com/radiant/#appx-nuke and then
installed.  First the correct small font.  Then changed some lang/keyboard
settings in the operating system.  Nuked the install and installed again
(after rebooting computer).  Bang, big font.

I am trying to reproduce this to get the small font back and/or get large
font on other machines.  I'm just curious as to what causes this.

If someone can point me in the right direction and shed some light on what
the problem may be, I may be willing to fix this in the source code.  Is
this a GTK issue?  I know how to program servers, but GUIs are really not up
my alley [yet].

My full environment that has this problem currently:
Ubuntu 10.04 i386
ZeroRadiant from SVN trunk
English language, US keyboard.  (Had it set to Italian earlier.)

- Rambetter