[Gtkradiant] Patch for saving in Windows Vista and later?

Nerius Landys nlandys at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 01:56:23 CST 2010

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 7:08 AM, Willi <willi at schinmeyer.de> wrote:
>  Since there actually seem to be people who can commit here I decided to
> re-"commit" my "patch" from 8 months ago.
>
> Back then I had figured out why saving doesn't work in Windows Vista &
> Windows 7 but lost the sources in April and now I only have my old mail
> which didn't include a diff, just instructions.
>
> Based on those instructions I tried reconstructing the changes.
> Unfortunately I can't get the source to compile on Windows (problems with
> dependencies) so I'd like someone else to see if this fixes the problem. Or
> better: give me a guide to compiling. Diff is included this time.
>
> I repeat: I did *not* test this patch!

Hi guys.  I've committed revision 351 to Rambetter-temp-fixes branch
which addresses this issue.  I used willi's patch to help me  narrow
down which file the bug might be in (gtkmisc.cpp), then I basically
put his patch aside and independently studied the problem, did online
research, and tested (which took me several hours).  In the end, I
came up with a patch that is very similar to willi's (in fact I
borrowed his idea for a function like GetTypeForIndex() in class
CFileType).  The good news is that willi and I came up with a similar
approach to solving this problem, so the fix is probably a good one.
Because I also did thorough testing and [probably] a bit more reading
into the matter, my patch has a few things that are different, but I
feel that my patch is pretty correct.

We will merge this patch into trunk when trunk is fixed with respect
to the libraries [maybe in a week or so].

For me, Radiant 1.6 is now usable on Windows, for the first time.  I
was able to create and compile a map for Urban Terror on Windows using
Radiant 1.6.  However, I did use the Rambetter-temp-fixes branch.

If you want to give it a whirl, I'd suggest following this tutorial on
compiling Radiant for Windows:
http://daffy.nerius.com/radiant-compile-win/ , except you'd use the
SVN repository https://zerowing.idsoftware.com/svn/radiant/GtkRadiant/branches/Rambetter-temp-fixes
instead of https://zerowing.idsoftware.com/svn/radiant/GtkRadiant/trunk