[Gtkradiant] ZeroRadiant R350 on Linux: "texture/radiant/notex" not found

Gregor Vollmer gregor at celement.de
Wed Dec 15 15:41:08 CST 2010

Hey,

I checked out and compiled revision 350 of the gtkRadiant/zeroRadiant
source code on Linux (OpenSuSE 11.3, 64bit). The building process went
well and installing the default game packs via scons, too.

After starting up radiant and configuring Quake2 as game to use, he
asked me for the project file. I gave him
./install/Q2WPack/install/default/scripts/default_project.proj and he
happily continued starting up. Unfortunately, radiant then raises a
strange error:

* Failed to load textures/radiant/notex. Looks like your installation is
broken / missing some * essential elements.
* errno: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden (German for File or
Directory not found)
* An unrecoverable error has occured.

The file does in fact exist under
./install/Q2WPack/install/default/textures/radiant, so I can't see why
radiant cannot find it. I tried hardcoding the texture path into the
default_project.proj, but that didn't solve anything.

What can be the reason for this behaviour?

Sincerely,
 Gregor