[Gtkradiant] r350 - in GtkRadiant/branches/Rambetter-temp-fixes: . radiant

Willi willi at schinmeyer.de
Wed Dec 15 05:48:26 CST 2010

  On 15.12.2010 03:52:26, svn-noreply at zerowing.idsoftware.com wrote:
> I AM ONLY COMMITTING THIS SO THAT I CAN CONTINUE FIXING BUGS IN RADIANT IN THE MEANTIME.
You may want to look into fixing saving on Windows Vista/Windows 7 then.
The problem is strange code in radiant/gtkmisc.cpp's file_dialog() which
used to do something which according to the MSDN it shouldn't do, namely
returning the chosen extension at some point.

Here's what I wrote about that in March:

    * In *radiant/gtkmisc.cpp*:
    * In the function *file_dialog()*:
    * I deleted the variable
      char customfilter[FILEDLG_CUSTOM_FILTER_LENGTH];
    * and its assignment
      customfilter[0] = customfilter[1] = customfilter[2] = '\0';
    * ofn.nFilterIndex should always be set to 0, so take it out of the
      if(pattern) block and delete the else block.
    * The whole else block can be deleted.
    * Since we don't use custom filters we can delete
      ofn.lpstrCustomFilter = customfilter;
    * the if(pattern != NULL) needs to be changed, too. Replace
      type = typelist.GetTypeForWin32Filter(customfilter+1);
      with
      type = typelist.GetTypeFromIndex(ofn.nFilterIndex-1);
    * The GetTypeFromIndex() method does not yet exist. We need to add
      it to CFileType somewhere in the public scope:
         filetype_t GetTypeFromIndex(int index)
         {
             if(index < m_nTypes && index >= 0)
                 return filetype_t(m_pTypes[index].m_name.c_str(),
      m_pTypes[index].m_pattern.c_str());
             return filetype_t();
         }

I tried redoing my changes (after loosing the original code) in November
and submitted a (due to the lack of a working windows compile untested)
patch based on this guide to this list, you may want to have a look at
it, see if it compiles and maybe even works.

Willi