[Gtkradiant] 2 quick questions for TTimo (or anyone else) regarding making new game pack

Nerius Landys nlandys at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 00:08:16 CST 2010

I have two very simple quick questions for TTimo or anyone else on the
list who may be able to answer them.

So I'm in the process of putting together a "game pack" (analogous to
Q3Pack and UrTPack) for an upcoming game called Reaction Quake III.
I was given some interesting files from a game pack for this game that
I think comes from GtkRadiant 1.5 or NetRadiant or something like
that.

1. I was given an entities.ent file, which defines entities.  However,
this file is XML!  A snippet looks like this:

<group name="func_door" color="0 .5 .8">
Normal sliding door entity. By default,

Do I need to convert this to the "normal entities.def" format for 1.6,
and if so, is there any easy way to do this?  Like an auto-converter
tool?  Or does ZeroRadiant support entity definition files in this
weird XML format (and if so how do I configure so it's read)?  Hrm, I
hope I don't have to convert this by hand.

2. I was handed a file called rq3.game which has some interesting
things in it like this:

  archivetypes="pk3"
  texturetypes="tga jpg png"
  modeltypes="md3 ase lwo obj 3ds picoterrain"
  maptypes="mapq3"

I can understand most of it, for example I know where the put the
"png" (in synapse.config under a "<api name="image">" element).
However, the part about the modeltypes.  Should I just add something
like this in synapse.config:

    <api name="model">
      md3 ase lwo obj 3ds picoterrain
    </api>

??  Would that be correct and not break anything?

- Rambetter