[Gtkradiant] Quake 1

Mihai Drăghicioiu mihai.draghicioiu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 06:02:52 CDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 12:11 AM, Forest Hale <lordhavoc at ghdigital.com> wrote:

> You can find more information about the engine at http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces/

Thanks, I'll have a detailed look. I already knew about your engine..
i didn't know it supports so many bsp formats though :)

>> Now there is another problem: how do I use GtkRadiant with quake 1?
>> let me show u a screenshot of what I get, even though I installed the
>> game files and the radiant Q1Pack, and I set the path:
>>
>> http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/6473/screenshotunnamedmapjl7.png
>
> Looks like you tried to load gfx.wad which contains only qpic images (hud imagery), you need the quake1.wad from the Q1Pack instead (which contains picmip images - mipmapped textures for maps).

Where can I find this quake1.wad? I searched here:
https://zerowing.idsoftware.com/svn/radiant.gamepacks/Q1Pack/trunk/
but it is not there... Perhaps I can generate the wad from the bsp
files... but that would be pointless if the file already exists
somewhere.

>> Also, when GtkRadiant starts, I get these message boxes:
>>
>> http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/9199/screenshot1sn4.png
>> http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/1016/screenshotsq1.png
>
> Well that clearly needs to be fixed.
>
>> I've worked with GTK+ before, and i think all you need to do to avoid
>> them is to set a zero page size for each GtkAdjustment (I haven't
>> counted how many of these boxes appear, they're about 10, probably one
>> for each spin button in GtkRadiant). To get past them, i just press
>> 'no' until they're done.
>>
>> Thanks again,
>> Mihai
>
> I don't know GTK+ at all, but if you wish to contribute a patch feel free :)

I'd like to make this patch, but I don't know the procedure... I guess
I have to checkout the latest revision, and fix the code, but then
what do I do?

The problem arised because GTK+ is probably no longer using the
'page-size' property of GtkAdjustment (not sure tho), and now it's
issuing a warning for each Adjustment it finds with a non-zero page
size. I guess GtkRadiant will just have to comply :P

Mihai