[Gtkradiant] Support for other games

Forest Hale lordhavoc at ghdigital.com
Tue Jan 29 13:14:24 CST 2008

Jay Dolan wrote:
> Along these lines, is it possible to convert a Q3A .map file to a Quake2
> .map?  Even if some work in a text editor is required to delete curved
> patches, that'd be acceptable.  I'd just like the option of converting
> some GPL Q3A levels to Quake2World, if it's possible.
> Thanks!

Timothy has told me in the past that id's legal department doesn't want the editor to be capable of converting map formats between games, supposedly for fear of people converting commercial
copyrighted maps (which sounds to me like a very arbitrary restriction and harmful to legitimate developers).

Author of DarkPlaces Quake1 engine and mod
"War does not prove who is right, it proves who is left." - Unknown
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a rigged demo." - James Klass