[Gtkradiant] Main window too wide for 1024x768 resolution

Mihai Drăghicioiu mihai.draghicioiu at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 09:59:29 CDT 2007

Hi. I've been having this trouble with the GtkRadiant main window.
Sometimes when I picked a texture the window got resized to beyond the
screen width, and I couldn't make it smaller manually either. I
discovered that this was caused by the status bar being too wide. So
when the texture name changed to something longer, the status bar got
resized, and with it, the window, and the minimum width. Did anyone else
have this trouble?

To fix this, i modified the code:

radiant/mainframe.cpp:2566:
    gtk_table_attach(table, GTK_WIDGET(label), 0, 1, 0, 1, GTK_SHRINK,
GTK_SHRINK, 0, 0);

radiant/mainframe.cpp:2574:
    gtk_table_attach(table, GTK_WIDGET(frame), i, i + 1, 0, 1,
GTK_SHRINK, GTK_SHRINK, 0, 0);

(instead of gtk_table_attach_defaults)
This way, the labels only occupy the space they need, and no more than that.

Note that some of the labels can also be set to have ellipsized text, to
make them even smaller (but it's not necessary, as the width dropped
below 1024px with this code). The function is
gtk_label_set_ellipsize(GtkLabel *label, PangoEllpisizeMode mode);

Another idea is to use two rows for the status bar.

I'm not sure where to submit a bug report. I'd have a lot of feature
requests and ideas for enhancement.