[Gtkradiant] GtkRadiant 1.5 Quake 4 template issue

Branan Riley branan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 15:15:25 CDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use GtkRadiant for Quake 4, and I'm having a problem with
materials. Any material that uses a template isn't available in the texture
browser, and the console shows lots of lines like this one:
> shader instance: "textures/tram/walltrim1_1": shader template not found:
"generic_shader"

This happens with all sorts of materials using all sorts of templates.
I tried running ShaderPlug to generate the tag file, but the shaders are
still missing. I'm seeing this error with the pre-built Windows package, as
well as a Linux build from the SVN trunk. I'm using the latest Quake 4
patches.

I'd be willing to try to make a patch, if someone could point me in the
right direction. I have no idea where to start looking for material handling
in the GtkRadiant source.

Thank you,
Branan