[Gtkradiant] PatchCreation bugfix: remaining brush will be removed

Joseph, William WJoseph at europe.ea.com
Thu Mar 22 09:40:55 CDT 2007

Hi Eduard,

I am the one who implemented this feature originally. The behaviour you describe is as I originally intended.

I am telling you this because you appear to be mistakenly assuming that this behaviour is a bug. Assumptions like this are dangerous - when you make what seems like a simple bug-fix that changes this behaviour, you risk introducing other bugs and inconsistent behaviour. In addition, any change to an existing behaviour will have an impact on other users, who may prefer the existing behaviour.

Please be EXTREMELY careful when making any change to the behaviour of the editor, and consider ALL the impacts of your change! This is something I have learned through years of experience - ignore it at your peril.

-SPoG