[Gtkradiant] A few fixes

Forest `LordHavoc` Hale lordhavoc at ghdigital.com
Wed Jun 27 23:48:09 CDT 2007

Timothee Besset wrote:
> Sourceforge's quality of service is plain horrible. We'll keep the SVN
> and mailing lists hosted here no matter what.

I still remember when Twilight Project jumped ship from sourceforge (as soon as sourceforge went closed source for the site software), and QuakeForge wasn't far behind, the doom sayers were chanting
"The end of sourceforge is nigh!  Get your projects off before it goes offline!", so far it hasn't happened, but I'm still wary of their ability to sustain themselves.

In general all the non-sourceforge projects get by on just basic svn service, for which there is no difference from the zerowing server.

> As far as bug tracker, I've let bugzilla fall behind, because it's old
> and these days there are much better options. I'm not sure it's worth
> trying to bring it back up, or better to move to something else. I also
> don't want to let general users enter bugs into it, but only let an
> allowed set of people do that. We've seen in the past that it gets
> completely overflowed with irrelevant reports and becomes useless quickly.

As an aside, in my upcoming game DarkWar I'm planning to make the game free but with no service/support (beyond a basic auth system for free accounts), only the people who register the game get
additional features pertaining to their account and more support (such as being able to file bug reports and feature requests), I'm going to see how that goes, it should at least reduce the quantity
of idiotic bug reports by some percentage.

> That said, I have very little time for GtkRadiant, let alone doing
> server administration for it. I may not be opposed to us using a bug
> tracker somewhere else.
>
> TTimo

I could poke at Icculus about adding a GtkRadiant project on the bugzilla at http://bugzilla.icculus.org/ if anyone has an interest in such a thing, he already keeps the service running so he wouldn't
care :)

--
LordHavoc
Author of DarkPlaces Quake1 engine and mod