[Gtkradiant] 1.5 release plans etc

OrbWeaver orbweaver3d at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 14:55:26 CDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 10:38 +0000, namespace wrote:
> Am Montag, 9. Oktober 2006 00:40 schrieb Ciaran Gillespie:
> > Any chance we can get a model inspector tool inserted? I just find a it a
> > real pain not being able to go threw the models in Doom 3, and being able to
> > pick out the ones I want, and getting to see them in before I insert them.
> >

> There are plans for that feature, however i don't think that we will see a modelinspector
> in the 1.5 release. Rightnow we try fix the remaining bugs and add missing features.

We actually have a Model Selector in DarkRadiant, complete with
integrated skinbrowser (skins displayed as children of models) and
OpenGL preview widget. I am not sure how easy it would be to merge into
GtkRadiant -- it is almost certainly Doom 3-specific in some ways, and
relies on certain architectural changes elsewhere in the codebase.

Still, it's all GPL code and available on SourceForge in case anyone
wants to look at it.

OrbWeaver