[Gtkradiant] thoughts on Micheal's reply - Re: Gtkradiant Digest, Vol 22, Issue 15

OrbWeaver orbweaver3d at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 16:24:20 CDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 04:20 -0400, dtjdjdgk jkfhkfhk wrote:
>     What we/they would like to know:
>     Beyond what is set in black and white and the information we can find in
> our
>     own searching, how else can we get "involved" into helping develop
>     radiant ?  Would someone be nice enough to provide specifics ?
>     ...or flame my idea...any response will do.

There is really only one way to get involved in development - identify a
missing feature or a bug (either through your own use of the program or
soliciting opinion from others), study the code to identify the source
of said feature or bug (this is the time-consuming part, especially when
documentation is so scarce, but there is no avoiding it), code and test
the fix, then submit a patch for others to use and test.

One can argue about source control methodologies until the cows come
home; it's not SVN preventing new developers from getting involved, if
there is any obstacle it is merely the start-up cost of familiarising
oneself with a large, underdocumented code base.

OrbWeaver