[Gtkradiant] Re: Gtkradiant Digest, Vol 22, Issue 12

Michael leahcim at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 21 05:37:19 CDT 2006

e wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am writing to inform the mailing list that I agree with the idea
> regarding an "unstable codetree" or even a "project tree". There are
> some talented people who would like to contribute to Radiant's
> progress and I think that their supplemental ideas for the program
> would be warmly received by the community.

...and you think they've not contributed their code because there isn't
an unstable tree?

Personally I would say, get to the problem first [i.e, iff this mailing
list had a ton of patches
crying out for merging from talented people] then you'd have the problem
of merging them with whatever trees you've got.

Thing is, an unstable branch can't just take every patch "to test" - e.g
most of the "unstable" linux kernel tree is stuff that's going in, not
stuff that might.
To get testers or to get it considered for inclusion etc the patch
itself needs to be somewhere.

But afaiaa, I thought cvs was the unstable branch - I thought the stable
releases were done as and when as binaries etc from a website?

--
Michael.