[Gtkradiant] Creating a new game class in GtkRadiant

Michael Herring khakionion at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 00:11:31 CST 2006

I'm working on an original game, using the latest source release of Quake II
Evolved as a code base. I need to create levels for this game, but I can't
find any documentation on how to create a new gametype for GtkRadiant.

For the time being, I've just left the Q2 structures intact, and use
GtkRadiant in Quake 2 mode, but this won't work for much longer, as I'm
starting to add custom objects that need to be instantiated in maps.

So, to make a long question short, how do I create a new gametype in
GtkRadiant? I've tried straight up copying the config files for Quake 2 (and
doing a bit of blind editing), but it just crashes Synapse (expectedly).

Any links to resources, or is there just something simple I happen to be
missing?

Michael Herring

Q2E Website - http://www.quake2evolved.com