[Gtkradiant] GTKRadiant Bug Report noreply at qeradiant.com
Sun Oct 10 20:06:25 CDT 2004

This bug report was submitted from using the Bug Report Submission Form on the QERadiant Website at 08:06:24 CDT Oct 10, 2004.

CPU/RAM/Operating System: Relevant: SuSE 9.1
Hard Drive Space: Plenty
Video Card/OpenGL Drivers: Nvidia current drivers on a GF5900XT
Version of GTKRadiant: None!  Attempted current

First of all, spog forgot to chown all the files in the RPM as root before packing, so the install throws up a bunch of errors that don't need to be there...

There are plenty of libgl errors that are simply not solvable in SuSE without breaking other things.  Here's an example of what happens when I finally gave in and did the --force --nodeps install:
/opt/gtkradiant> ./radiant.x86
./radiant.x86: /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libgdkglext-x11-1.0.so.0)
./radiant.x86: error while loading shared libraries: ./radiant.x86: undefined symbol: gtk_combo_box_new_text

after which it craps out.

Rather than depending on (ugh) RPM, how about a simple source tarball.  Believe me, I'd rather do a ./configure/make/make install than fight with broken deps.

Cause of Error:
On SuSE 9.1: Install Glade (anything you can find)
Install gtkradiant via --force --nodeps
cd to /opt/gtkradiant

User Email: digital at onemanclan.us