[Gtkradiant] compile errors with gcc 3.3.4 on powerpc linux

Jamie Wilkinson jaq at spacepants.org
Fri Oct 8 01:41:34 CDT 2004

This one time, at band camp, SmallPileofGibs wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm building GtkRadiant from the very latest subversion checkout, with gcc
>> 3.3.4 on Debian (well, technically Ubuntu but close enough to be the same
>> packages) on my PowerBook, so powerpc architecture.
>>
>> I'm currently stuck on this error:

>> Any ideas?
>

>It looks like there's a problem with copying the 'va_list' type on
>your platform - perhaps it's defined as an array. I've changed the
>code to store the va_list by reference instead of copying it. See if
>revision 4824 helps =).

Looks like it fixed the first one, the incompatible types in assignment.
But the second error involving a const cast is still there:

willow% svn up
U  libs/xmlparser.h
Updated to revision 4824.
willow% scons
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
SCons 0.95
CC="gcc"
CXX="g++"
SETUP="0"
JOBS="1"
BUILD="debug"
version: 1.5.0
minor: 0 major: 5
about message is in include/aboutmsg.default
about: Custom SPoG experimental build\ngcc version: 3.3.4
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
g++ -pipe -DQ_NO_STLPORT -g -D_DEBUG `pkg-config glib-2.0 --cflags` `xml2-config --cflags` `libpng-config --cflags` -fPIC -Ibuild/debug/libs -Ilibs -Ibuild/debug/include -Iinclude -c -o build/debug/plugins/mapxml/xmlparse.os plugins/mapxml/xmlparse.cpp
libs/xmlparser.h: In function `size_t ostream_write(TextOutputStreamType&,
   const FormattedVA&) [with TextOutputStreamType = TextOutputStream]':
include/itextstream.h:22:   instantiated from `TextOutputStream& operator<<(TextOutputStream&, const T&) [with T = FormattedVA]'
libs/xmlparser.h:149:   instantiated from here
libs/xmlparser.h:76: error: invalid conversion from `const __va_list_tag*' to `
   __va_list_tag*'
scons: *** [build/debug/plugins/mapxml/xmlparse.os] Error 1

jaq at spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg