[Gtkradiant] GTKRadiant Bug Report

193.109.223.46 gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 10:40:30 -0600 (CST)

This bug report was submitted from 193.109.223.46 using the Bug Report Submission Form on the QERadiant Website at 10:40:30 CST Mar 8, 2004.

CPU/RAM/Operating System: AMD XP2800 / 1GB / Windows XP
Hard Drive Space: a lot
Video Card/OpenGL Drivers: ATI Radeon 9700PRO
Version of GTKRadiant: 1.4

Error:
Something has been broken between v1.2.13 and v1.3 in edge manipulation code or the pointer code for 2D view. This bug makes dragging the edges (E key) a bit frustrating. I'm still using 1.2.13 because of this bug that was introduced in 1.3.X and is still present in 1.4.X.

I've tested it on:
- HP Evo510SFF with Intel GPU (built-in Intel 845 or smth.)
- HP Evo510SFF with G-Force 2MX
- My own system with Radeon 9700PRO
and it was present on all versions.

Cause of Error:
Tested on GTKRadiant for Raven.

Compare the edge manipulation on the brush corners in 2D windows between version 1.2 and higher.

Explanation 1:

Create a brush, press E and try to move the edges (blue dots) from the top view - the dots on the corners. Sometimes you will successfully move the upper edge and the lower edge (in the line of sight from this view) which is correct but for the most of the time it won't be possible to select the dots on the corners. It seems that the dot in the middle has upper "selection" priority that these on the corners. To make it more effective create an octagon or something with more than four edges (from the top view).  It's really not difficult to produce it.

Explanation 2:

In other words:

*------------------

*       BRUSH

*-------------------

* = The blue dots.

The problem is that it's impossible to select upper or lower * and drag them because the pointer almost always selects the * in the middle. This happens very often. Looks like the problem with the pointer code rather but I'm not a programmer. See the 1.2.X where it worked fine.

Sample screenshot 1: This is correct:

http://www.mslaf.com/projects/corda/problems/gtk_bug_correct.jpeg

Upper, right view: I wanted to move the lower dot to the left by pointing and dragging. It's was very easy in 1.2.X. but in 1.3.X and 1.4.X it looks like this:

Sample screenshot 2: This is incorrect:

http://www.mslaf.com/projects/corda/problems/gtk_bug_incorrect.jpeg

Finally, you CAN_DO_IT by increasing magnification in the view to the max but it's not the good and effective way of mapping.

Please feel free to ask if something is unclear.

ms.-

PS.

BTW: It would be much easier to submit problems if you make bigger windows on the http://www.qeradiant.com/?data=bugreport.

User Email: ms@mslaf.com