[Gtkradiant] gtkradiant 1.3.11b / linux issues

Jeremy M. Booth gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
23 Sep 2003 03:53:22 -0400

--=-3xN6AwX5NOJtpV7zw92y

I downloaded the latest beta of gtkradiant and it runs with no error
messages.  However, there are a few issues with the display that makes
it virtually unusable.  In the grid nothing displays very well, and when
anything is drug over the grid the objects won't properly repaint
themselves, sometimes leaving holes and random anomalies, sometimes
disappearing completely.  It's a similar situation in the 3D view.  None
of the textures are viewable.  Though they are displayed, they are solid
black.  This isn't a gamma issue, as I keep a relatively high desktop
gamma setting.  I don't really know what is causing this.  I have all
the required libraries.  I upgraded to gtk+ 2.2.4, and all the dependent
libraries to their latest versions and nothing changed.  The only guess
I have it that's it's maybe some quirky library incompatibility
somewhere, or does it matter that I run my desktop in 16 bit color?=20
Does anyone know what's going on here?

System info:
Redhat 9, kernel 2.4.21-1.ll.acpi (low latency patch)
Tbird 1.2ghz, 512mb, Asus A7V, Voodoo Banshee (Mesa 1.2)

---
Jeremy M Booth <bq20@comcast.net>

PGP public key available:
http://home.comcast.net/~bq20/pgp/