[Gtkradiant] working on a plugin, need some advice

Reed Mideke gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:08:33 -0700

Anout 'RR2DO2' van Meer wrote:

> We could add a pre-xyzwindow paint callback to plugins so they can paint
> before the xyzwindow does it's stuff? Should be trivial.
>
> - Arnout

Yeah, just clone the existing 2d hook stuff and put it at the start
of XY_Draw. I'm not sure it has enough utility to be worthwhile since
if you have multiple background plugins they will still have order
problems. At this moment I'm not sure what other background plugins
would do.

Either way, I'm not too worried about that. Most of the code
will be the same. I initially resisted putting it in the core
just because I am new to the code and it is a lot to go mucking
about in. I think I'll stick to that until it is in a reasonable
state.

The image loading thing bugs me more. I see some hacks I can do
to give LoadImage a path that it likes (it seems to handle things
like c:/games/et/etmain/../../../my documents/blah OK, but that is
ugly. If I could just tell the image plugins LoadImage* to use
vfsLoadFullPathFile everything would be much simpler.

--
Email:    rfm(at)collectivecomputing.com or rfm(at)portalofevil.com
Home page:                   http://www.collectivecomputing.com/rfm