[Gtkradiant] Re: hl.qer

Dominic Clifton gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
Sat, 3 May 2003 15:20:03 +0100

> Hydra was initially supposed to take over the HL stuff on qeradiant.com

indeed, but other projects came up and that i lost my motivation,  now I
just keep things ticking over as best I can, development wise.

Still, with Day Of Defeat 1.0 just released there's still plenty of life
left in the old HalfLife engine.

> That part is very outdated anyway, and should simply be taken down for
> now. We don't wish to spend effort on other HL mapping tools such as WC
> and Hammer now that we have HL support in GtkR 1.3

If you want to prepare some new content or update any of the content on the
site them please go ahead.  I think most of the pages are all static pages
so you can download the whole site with teleport pro or I can zip it up and
set it to you and you can start updating it.

Here's a list of tutorials that need writing:

1) Setting up GtkRadiant for Halflife, CS and Other mods.
2) Creating a basic map for HL/CS/DoD e.g.  walls + basic entities.
3) Making transparent textures and creating wad files ("ALL BLUE =
Transparent", and "Use Wally" respectively.)
4) Compiling your map and where to look if you get problems.
5) Using your map in the game.

Other things, like making doors, and other stuff are already covered by many
GtkRadiant tutorials.  For the tricky entities however new tutorials should
be created.

Let me know if you decide to take this on.

Hydra

btw, ttimo, if anyone else asks,  just forward this same e-mail...