[Gtkradiant] <no subject>

Fri, 28 Mar 2003 09:39:45 +0100

As I pointed out before, plugins/mapq1/ is a dead end. The mapq1 minor
format should be added to the plugins/mapq3/ module. If you look at the
plugin.h and plugin.cpp there, you will quickly see how to add your own
API (#define MAPVERSION_Q1 3).

We don't have much explicit developement guidelines. In any case there are
a few things there:
http://www.qeradiant.com/wikifaq/index.php?Code%20Conventions

The general idea would be "try to make your code fit in with the way we do
things elsewhere". We try to rely a lot on peer reviews. That is once you
have a little workable chunk of feature improvement, send a patch / get it
checked in on a branch so that everyone can look at it and tweak. After
doing that a few times you'll know how to write code that "fits in".

TTimo

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 09:18:52 +0100
"Dimitrios Grigoriadis" <dgrigoriadis@web.de> wrote:

> Hello again,=20
> as I've seen, there is already some work done in the subfolder GtkRadiant=
/plugins/mapq1/attic
> I will have a look at this. Now how much this is in progress I will figur=
e out at the evening but maybe you could give me already some information.=
=20
> My main question is if I'm bound to any limitations on developing. I mean=
 like this plugins to get all the functionality into dlls. Have you any con=
vention about this (I bet you have).
> I played around with q1 wad file handling and reading map file formats (q=
1 format) and would like to begin with the serious work, so instead of play=
in' around and changing everything after that it would be better to start t=
he right way.=20