[Gtkradiant] Re: Gtk crashes, off-list email

Sat, 1 Mar 2003 10:42:19 +0100

That should have been an email for the gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
list I suppose.

Build info and stuff is gathered at:
http://www.qeradiant.com/wikifaq/index.php?GtkRadiant%20Hacker

The dependency to cygwin is a bit annoying and overkill. I suppose we
could hack around and take it out, or replace it by a dependency against
python win32 for instance. You can do it and submit a patch if you want,
there's nothing complicated about it really.

There are two sides to vertex edit. We have legacy vertex edit and 'vertex
edit splits faces'. I suppose it's happening during 'vertex edit splits
faces' (crappy code it is). The basic requirement, is that we need a
reproduction recipe. If you get it to reproduce on a win32 build, it
should break with a Crt heap debug assertion. If it's only happening in
release it's trickier, you have to keep a .map file of the release binary
and use that to track down in which function shit happens..

Anyway hope I'm giving you enough info to start some serious debugging :)

TTimo