[Gtkradiant] GTKRadiant Bug Report

Joseph, William gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:17:44 -0000

This sounds like an obscure driver problem.. could you try the latest
"catalyst 3" drivers from ATI (they require directx 9). Also, it might be
useful to know whether or not this problem occurs with older versions of
gtkradiant, or if it occurs in the quake3 configuration of 1.2.11.

-SPoG

-----Original Message-----
From: Radiant Website User [mailto:65.58.94.178@qeradiant.com]
Sent: 24 January 2003 04:24
To: gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
Subject: [Gtkradiant] GTKRadiant Bug Report

This bug report was submitted from 65.58.94.178 using the Bug Report
Submission Form on the QERadiant Website at 10:24:24 CST Jan 23, 2003.

CPU/RAM/Operating System: PIII 800 mgz/384 sd ram/win98
Hard Drive Space: 10.7GB
Video Card/OpenGL Drivers: Radeon 9000/I downloaded the newest Open Gl
drivers in Dec. But I don't know the version, nor do I know where to look to
tell you what they are.
Version of GTKRadiant: 1.2.11-ef

Error:
The 3d view window goes blank (grey screen) when, during the course of
mapping, you drag the grid to an area where the "Z" centerpoint leaves the
2d area of the screen.

Cause of Error:
I can use the arrow keys to move the camera around the map and as long as I
leave the map centered on the 2d screen, where I can see the "Z", everything
is normal.  But moving the grid so the "Z" leaves the viewable area of the
2d screen produces the error.  Even leaving the cam in the center of the map
and dragging the grid in any direction where the "Z" leaves the 2d view will
cause the 3d box to go grey.  Pulling the grid back where the "Z" is in view
will restore the 3d view instantly.  I can work around this by taking the
camera where I need to work (outside the area of 3d compatability) and using
the right mouse button, take a free look.  When I use ctrl right click to
release the mouse from the 3d view control, the picture stays until I either
use a key to pick a brush or try to move the camera or any other keyboard
input, then the 3d box goes grey again.  I've been walked through the pref
setup and set mine to the same as other mappers who don't have the problem,
to !
no avail.  Also I was using EFRadiant a few weeks ago and did not experience
this problem.

User Email: sandpaper600@hotmail.com