[Gtkradiant] ATI Developer Contact

gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 17:34:26 +0100

I'm back (though not for serious mapping, yet), but the ATI FireGL=20
Linux drivers are still broken... (No brushes in the camera view=20
without hacking GtkRadiant.)

It appears that I'm the only one who knows about this bug or=20
something, as this is two driver releases later. (I don't remember if=20
this happened with the Windows drivers as well, and I can't test on=20
Windows right now.) Should have reported it back then, but got=20
seriously sidetracked and never got around to it.

I have a detailed report, but I've lost the contact email address. I=20
got it from someone on this list, IIRC. Does anyone have a suitable=20
address?

Here's the interesting part of the report, BTW:
Test code:
        glPolygonMode(GL_BACK, pmback);
        glPolygonMode(GL_FRONT, pmfront);
        if(GL_FALSE !=3D cullface)
        {
                glCullFace(cullface);
                glEnable(GL_CULL_FACE);
        }
        else
                glDisable(GL_CULL_FACE);

(Only tested with quads.)

Variables and results:

        pmback  pmfront cullface result
        GL_FILL GL_FILL GL_FALSE OK
        GL_FILL GL_FILL GL_BACK  OK
        GL_FILL GL_FILL GL_FRONT OK

        GL_FILL GL_LINE GL_FALSE OK
        GL_FILL GL_LINE GL_BACK  BROKEN! (1)
        GL_FILL GL_LINE GL_FRONT BROKEN! (2)

        GL_LINE GL_FILL GL_FALSE OK
        GL_LINE GL_FILL GL_BACK  BROKEN! (2)
        GL_LINE GL_FILL GL_FRONT BROKEN! (1)

        GL_LINE GL_LINE GL_FALSE OK
        GL_LINE GL_LINE GL_BACK  OK
        GL_LINE GL_LINE GL_FRONT OK

(1) No culling is performed. Both sides are rendered as wireframe.
(2) Nothing but an occasional single corner pixel is rendered.

Conclusion:
        When one side is culled, and back and front modes differ,
        ATI's FireGL 8x00 driver screws up one way or another.

Thanks,

=2E- The Return of Audiality! --------------------------------.