[Gtkradiant] 1.2.11 release plans

Hans Nieser gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 21:59:37 +0200

On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 19:58, EvilTypeGuy wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 10:25, Timothee Besset wrote:
> > Ah that's the one for which the cvs commit email did not get emitted?
Well

> Yeah, but it is in the developer changelog.
>
> > I'd like to hear about some stats between mem usage of Sof2 texture dir
>
> I don't have SoF2, so it would be nice if somewhere here with it could
> check that. It helped for Q3 certainly. But SoF2 is the worst case
> scenario from what I hear.

I'll tell you what i see GtkRadiant 1.2.10 taking up in taskmanager, using
the "airport"
textures (sof2/base/textures/airport). Ill restart GtkRadiant for each test
and verify
each result a second time. I use Windows XP Pro with 512 megs of DDR and
an Athlon XP 1900+ cpu.

[Nothing loaded, no maps opened]
Mem usage: 29.2 MB (peak: 29.3 MB) VM Size: 28.4 MB

[After loading "airport" - Quality slider HIGH - compression ENABLED, no
maps opened]
Mem usage: 127.2 MB (peak: 131.7 MB) VM Size: 389.6 MB

[After loading "airport" - Quality slider HIGH - compression DISABLED, no
maps opened]
Mem usage: 395.8 MB (peak: 397.8 MB) VM Size: 658.5 MB

[After loading "airport" - Quality slider LOW - compression ENABLED, no maps
opened]
Mem usage: 126.5 MB (peak: 131 MB) VM Size: 389.5 MB

[After loading "airport" - Quality slider LOW - compression DISABLED, no
maps opened]
Mem usage: 395.8 MB (peak: 397.9 MB) VM Size: 658.3 MB

Pretty good compression if you ask me, but may still be a tad high for
slower systems,
especially after loading more then one texture subfolder. Although if i
understood
correctly i could use the "flush textures" command for that.

Looks like the quality slider doesn't really do anything, and the textures
look pretty
high quality to me (looking at the texture window). The reason i mention
this is
because the radiant that came with the Sof2 SDK basically had the exact same
memory problems, but were easily solved by changing the texture quality to a
lower
setting.

I'm sorry if im stating the obvious, which i probably am because this came
up before if
i remember correctly. But i hope this helps (o_O)